People automate their lives every day to be more efficient, often without realizing it. They put their credit cards and other monthly bills on auto-pay, have groceries delivered to their doors, use email autoresponders, and set alarm clocks for the same time every morning.
It’s even more critical for a small business to automate as much as possible because all the cliches about the value of time are true. Automation frees up every member of the team to be more effective. Plus, by saving time with automation on the mundane and tedious tasks, accuracy improves because manual work is prone to errors.
The bottom line: saving time and increasing accuracy means more profits.
START WITH THESE 5 AREAS
- Web: Automate follow-up emails from potential leads to turn them into customers. Need a new logo or look for your website? Don’t do it yourself. Offer a reward for the best design on 99Designs.com. Use a system like Infusionsoft to handle all your customer relationship management in one place. Take advantage of Google to get your name out there by listing your business in the Google Maps directory and using Google AdWords.
- Marketing: This takes a lot of time and thought to be effective. The more tasks you automate, the more time your marketing team has to come up with great ideas and content. Schedule the publishing of blog entries in advance. Use a program like HootSuite as a hub to access and post to all your social media outlets.
- IT: Have your IT department run a Help Desk with a call-whenever-there’s-a-problem method. Utilize macros to handle recurring processes. Capture information for Big Data analyzation. Use a form and workflow solution instead of paper to keep sensitive information secure. Use cloud computing to share and backup your files automatically.
- Bookkeeping & Accounting: Use a system like Shoeboxed to scan and save all your business receipts. Use accounting software like QuickBooks, FreshBooks or BillingOrchard to house your financial information in one place and link all your bank and credit accounts to automatically download transactions.
- Payroll & HR: Create a centralized location with forms for the ease of employees to submit time-off requests, travel and expense reports, on-boarding and feedback and performance management. Use a payroll software instead of processing it manually. An infographic by IRS shows that a payroll manager can save almost 8 hours per month by using payroll software.
This ideas are a great start for any small business, and there’s even more ways to streamline your operation. Our Efficiency Roadmap™ turns the art of growing your business into a science. Schedule a free appointment with one of our Efficiency Agents at WeDoBoring.com.